This one day, BSA sponsored conference, hosted at the University of Leeds in conjunction with the Bauman Institute, will be looking to discuss the following;
- How has sociological theory impacted on the ethical, economic, social and political landscape?
- Is there space for substantive ethical development within ‘the academy’?
- How might proposed drives towards efficiency, impact and ‘value-for-money’ lead to irrational outcomes?
- Can postgraduate students assert the value of sociology by opposing the changes inside academic institutions?
- Will there still be space for critical sociology or will changes to funding limit critical thought?
For more information, see http://www.lssi.leeds.ac.uk/events/higher-education-in-the-liquid-modern-era-swirling-down-the-drain/